Jig to be used with an electric drill to bore out a mortise to fit a door lock.
The jig is clamped onto a door to cut a mortise for the fitment of a door lock.
A drill is attached to the jig with the following requirements:
- The chuck needs to be removed to expose the 20UNF thread.
- The drill will be clamped on the collar (Ø 46mm).
- The drill will be part of the jig and will thus be a semi-permanent addition.
The cutting length and depth of cut can be adjusted to comply with the demands of various door lock sizes. The standard cutter supplied with the jig is a Ø17mm.
We recommend using a drill with low speed torque. For example a rotary drill without percussion having 20 UNF thread.
Accessories and spare parts for the EG1:
- Grub screw M6x12mm
- Grub screw M6x25mm
- Handle bent
- Handle straight
- Long guide pillar
- Long link
- Medium guide pillar
- Set of Vesconite bushes
- Shaft with Ø17mm MAD bit
- Short connecting bar
- Short guide pillar
- Short link
- Spare clamp bolt for clamp assembly
- Spare pressure pad with pin for clamp assembly
- Vesconite bushes long
- Vesconite bushes short
- Wood stand
- Allen key 6mm
- Bearings and bushes
- Castings - end pieces
- Casting - middle piece
- Casting - main body (H casting)
- Clamp assembly
- Clamp pad and bolt assebly
- Drill jig